Pages

6/7/10

Lesson Learned

I learned a valuable lesson this past week. I have started work on my chemise( I will refer to a shift, smock or similar undergarment as a chemise for easier reading) and was trucking along wonderfully. The collar was fully embroidered and ready to be assembled by Friday. I decided to check the fit, even though I thought I had cut it to my measurements. Good thing I did, because the collar was several eighth's of an inch TO SMALL! SO, all that embroidery work went down the drain and I had to start over from scratch. This time I made sure it was going fit BEFORE I embroidered the new collar. The sad part is that I know this, I just got a little carried away by how smoothly everything was going that I didn't think to test the fit first. So much for keeping up the momentum. Ce la vie! I'm back on track now with the new collar, it only took me the weekend to redo everything. Have to pick up some decent interfacing and I can get to work assembling and attaching the collar to the body. I am hoping that the new collar size will work with the body size without too much adjustment. This is a new pattern for me so I am glad that I am the test dummy and not doing this for a friend! I found a beautiful embroidery pattern...I think from the blackwork archives (need to check that!) and will be posting some pictures at a later date of the completed chemise. The act of posting pictures and I are still not good friends yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment