Pages

5/26/10

New Pattern

I should be getting my Margo Anderson's undergarments pattern today! I am so excited to get started on this summer's projects! I've already started looking at blackwork patterns for the shift. When I'm not in the mood, or creative place, to draft my own patterns I love to look at the Blackwork Archives and see what grabs me. I usually decide by doing a quick version of a few different patterns to see what I like and if I will like it better in blue or red. I usually end up sticking with black because it goes with EVERYTHING and I don't have to worry about the embroidery working with different pieces. Since blackwork is one of my guilty pleasures (if I don't stop myself I tend to get carried away), picking one pattern or even two for one piece can be difficult, so I try to get that out of the way before I even start the project.
I get ridiculously excited when I am preparing to start a new project. I usually sketch out a few versions of what I want to do, in case I can't find my first choice of fabric or color and then go crazy until I can actually start working. In the past I haven't worried too much about undergarments, but this project calls for the 'right' undergarments before I even start on the outer garment. This project will include my altered version of a corset( pair of bodies), as mentioned in a previous post, to accommodate the health problems I have. So, in future posts I'm hoping to track my progress through this very long project. In addition I may be doing a project for a friend that I will also try to post on.
Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment