Pages

5/20/10

Welcome!

This is my first attempt at blogging, so please have patience as I get the hang of this! As soon as I have figured out how to get pictures to post I will be posting pictures of my most recent projects. I just finished an 18th century embroidered pocket and will hopefully be soon embarking on my first Margo Anderson Patterns ensemble.......starting with a chemise and corset, otherwise known as pair of bodies. My corset will be something of an experiment, even though I will be using a pattern. For those of you who have ever worn a corset of any period you will know that while they are for the most part quite comfortable and do wonders for your posture there are some instances when wearing a corset is extremely painful. I developed endometriosis and IBS several years ago and the abdominal swelling that goes with those conditions makes wearing a corset almost impossible. So I am going to attempt to put together a corset that gives me the shape and bust support required for the Elizabethan period, but allows me to be comfortable. I will be using a pattern, but altering certain features to get the result I need. Stay tuned for more on this experiment this summer.
In the meantime I will work hard to get some pictures up and get the hang of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment